WordPress is the most popular content management system (CMS) in the world for a reason. Not only are the design capabilities flexible but advanced functionality can be added with the touch of an install button.
Whether you’ve just discovered the wonders of WordPress or you have been running a site for a while, everyone needs a bit of help. WordPress is not a platform that you can set up and leave. It needs to be updated on a regular basis.
If you’re new to this CMS, you might not want to waste your time trying to figure it out either.
Overall, if you don’t have the time to design or maintain a WordPress site, you’re going to need the help of an expert. So, how do you find one near you?
Finding a WordPress Expert Near You: A Guide
The fact that WordPress is such a popular platform means there are thousands of professionals available to assist you. However, finding the right expert is a whole other ball game.
We’ve put together a few guidelines that you can use to find an expert that meets your specific website requirements.
Before you start your search for a WordPress expert, you need to know what you’re looking for. It doesn’t help to find the right expert, only to draw a blank when they ask what you need. Start this journey by putting a detailed brief together. Here are some questions to ask when you put your brief together:
- What are your specific needs?
- How much are you willing to spend on web development and/or maintenance?
- How often do you need support?
- How quickly should a support expert respond?
- Would you want to meet with the expert face to face?
- What do you want your website to look like?
- What functionality should your site have?
By jotting down the answers to these questions, you can easily narrow down your search for the right professional.
Not clear on what you need? WP Support Specialists can help – contact us here.
Now that you know what you’re looking for, you can start your search. Fortunately, there are so many ways to find the right professional. The best way to start your search is to turn to Google. Not only will this provide you with a multitude of options, but you can find someone in your area too.
It’s not crucial that you work with someone who is in your city or country, but this is important to some businesses.
There are also a number of freelancer websites that you can use to search for an expert, including Upwork, Codeable, Smashing Jobs and Toptal. However, when you take the freelancer route, there are a few catches.
A freelancer is not part of an organisation, which means they weren’t interviewed and vetted by someone who needed the right skills. There isn’t always someone to fill in for them should they get ill or not be able to assist you.
This is not to say that you can’t find high-quality, skilled WordPress freelancers, it’s just a riskier option.
So, you’ve found a few experts that you’re considering for your WordPress site. How do you make your final decision? Here are a few things to look at.
- Their portfolio. If you’re hiring someone to design your WordPress site, get a link to their portfolio. This will give you an excellent view of whether they’re experienced and skilled. Look at a few different sites across multiple devices to get a good ideal of their capabilities.
- Their response. If you get in touch with a WordPress expert, look at how quickly they respond and how helpful they are during your interactions. This will tell you a lot about what you can expect going forward.
- Customer reviews and testimonials. If you found an expert via Google, you will more than likely be able to read through a few reviews. This could be on their site or on Google’s search results pages. Knowing that past and existing customers were happy with their services is essential. It isn’t a good sign when an expert doesn’t have reviews or testimonials or won’t share them.
We thought we would share one of ours…
By following these basic guidelines, you’ll easily be able to find the right WordPress developer or support team to assist you. Take pride in your online presence by having the right experts to back you.