The Dashboard Sticky Notes is a WordPress plugin that adds the functionality to add sticky notes into the WordPress Dashboard. If you need some sticky notes for setting reminders for you and your team then, this plugin is for you. You could specify the context (normal or side), priority (high or low), and target (user roles) with the notes. HTML tags and shortcodes are also available in the content.
How to Install Dashboard Sticky Notes plugin on your WordPress Dashboard?
It’s very simple. Follow these steps:
- Copy the ‘dashboard-sticky-notes‘ directory into your ‘wp-content/plugins‘ directory.
- Go to the ‘Plugins‘ option located at the sidebar in your WordPress backend.
- Find the plugin and Activate it.
- Well, it’s done. Enjoy adding and editing notes in ‘Sticky notes’. The notes will appear on the ‘Dashboard’ which is at the top of the sidebar.
Some Screenshots with the Setup Process showing what it does:
- You will see “Sticky Notes” at the sidebar of the WordPress backend. Click “Add New” to add a stick note on the Dashboard.
- Give the sticky note a title and a description and assign “Target” i.e. who you want the note to be seen as in the screenshot above. You may set the “Context” to Normal or Side which changes how the sticky notes appear.
- You can also set the “Priority” of the sticky notes which affects the order of appearance on the Dashboard. Add HTML tags and shortcodes as you like from within the content. You can see the results below.
How to Uninstall?
- Go to ‘Plugins’.
- Find the plugin and Deactivate it.
- It’s done as simple as that.